Scholarship Competition ALAMCTA 2019
The International Association of Environmental Mutagenesis and Genomics Society (IAEMGS), along with the United Kingdom Environmental Mutagenesis and Genomics Society (UKEMGS), have awarded scholarships to cover part of the travel-related expenditures, as well as subscription to the congress of students, postdocs, and young researchers interested in participating in the Congress with the presentation of scientific manuscripts or research findings.
All scholarships available for the ALAMCTA congress will be awarded on the basis of merit and with the objective of encouraging participation of the largest possible number of students and professionals.
The distribution of the Scholarships will be according to the following scheme:
- A total of 10 scholarships of $ 550 each, for Students and Post-Docs.To be considered a student, the applicant must be taking courses at a University in their country of origin. To be considered as Post-Docs, you must have less than 3 years from the date of graduation from the University.Each scholarship for students and Post-Docs will be carried out as follows:
- A. $ 50 will be used for registration at the conference.
- B. $ 500 will be used for reimbursement of travel expenses. Travel reimbursements will be granted based on justifiable proof of travel expenses, such as payment receipts for airline tickets, and others. As it is clearly stipulated, a refund of up to $ 500 will be granted.
- A total of 2 scholarships of $ 700 each, for Young Researchers / New Researchers / New Professors.To be considered as a Young Investigator / New Investigator / New Professor, the applicant must be in the position of University professor, or be appointed as a Researcher in a University or Scientific Research Institution for less than 5 years.
Each scholarship for Young Investigator / New Investigator / New Professor will be carried out as follows:
- A. $ 200 will be used for registration at the conference.
- B. $ 500 will be used for travel expenses reimbursements. Travel reimbursements will be granted based on justifiable proof of travel expenses, such as payment receipts for airline tickets, and others. As it is clearly stipulated, a refund of up to $ 500 will be granted.
- A total of 3 prizes of $ 100 each, for best presentation during the course of the congress, for 3 categories of students. Additionally, a total of 3 prizes of $ 50 each, for the second places for the best presentation for each of the categories of students.The distribution according to the category of students will be as described below:
- A. A $ 100 prize will be awarded for a junior student (Years 1 through 2 of the University). Additionally, $ 50 will be awarded for the second place in this same category.
- B. A prize of $ 100 will be awarded for a senior student (Last year of the University). Additionally, $ 50 will be awarded for the second place in this same category.
- C. A prize of $ 100 will be awarded for any presenter in the ALAMCTA Congress, regardless of his/her University level status. This last prize of $ 100 is available to any University student and will be assigned merely based on the scientific merit of the presentation. Additionally, $ 50 will be awarded for the second place in this same category.
Application Procedure for Scholarships
In order to send an official application, candidates must send their work by March 30, 2019, and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter prepared by the Candidate or the Candidate's Advisor, which must include the title of the project / research work.
- All materials should be sent by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must indicate in subject line: ALAMCTA scholarship contest 2019- Name of the applicant.
- The summary of the work presented should follow the instructions for preparation and submission of Summaries mentioned further below.
- The CV of the applicant in the format corresponding to each country.
The selection process will be in charge of a scientific committee, which will evaluate the scientific merit of the submitted works/abstracts and the CV of the applicant. The evaluation will be quantitative and the 10 best scores will be selected. At the end of the selection process, an official notification will be made on the ALAMCTA web-page and by e-mail.
The result of the selection process will be disclosed on March 30, 2019. All awardees are required to participate in the “Young Researchers Day” that will take place as part of the ALAMCTA Congress and may further compete in the selection of best presentations.
Submission of Summaries to ALAMCTA Congress-2019
Prior to the submission, all participants must be registered in the congress. Participants must also send summaries of their works through the link on the online platform, so that the organizing committee will update the web platform accordingly. Additionally, participants must indicate what thematic area their scientific work falls under.
Below is a list of the thematic areas of the ALAMCTA Congress-2019.
- Global Health
- Epigenetics, Epigenomics and Cancer
- Health and Environment
- Genotoxicity and Environmental Mutagenesis
- Natural Products
- Cancer Genomics
- Oxidative stress and Aging
- Environmental Genotoxicity
- Biological Dosimetry and Radiation Protection
- Submission of the summary will only be considered after receipt of the registration form with the corresponding payment made.
- Each registered participant can send a maximum of two abstracts of unpublished research as the main author and can appear as a co-author in other works.
- The deadline for receipt of papers is March,30, 2019. All submissions sent out of date will not be evaluated.
- The work must be presented in English language and proper writing as well as scientific merit will be taken into account.
- Abstracts sent by postal mail and summaries that do not comply with the official selection criteria will not be accepted.
- Abstracts will be analyzed and evaluated by the Scientific Committee and the results of the evaluation will be made public through the online platform, and via e-mail.
Instructions for the preparation and submission of abstracts (abstract)
- The abstract must be written in English and must be sent in Microsoft Word format.
- The document must be presented in Arial format, size 11 and simple spaces.
- The title must be written in bold type and in CAPITAL LETTERS (use a maximum of 15 characters with spaces).
- Authors: The name of the authors must be written as follows: last name followed by the initials without punctuation, (ex: García AC). Authors should be separated by commas. The name of the author who will present the work must be underlined.
- The physical address of the institution or entity to which the author belongs, the city, state and country should be placed below the list of authors according to the numbering established for the authors. In addition, the main author must indicate an e-mail contact.
- The text should be prepared in a single-spaced paragraphs. The number of characters with spaces from the introduction to the conclusion must present a maximum of 250 words.
- The summary should contain the following: introduction, objectives, methodologies and experimental design employed, and a brief description of the results and conclusions.
- Financial support: Financing agencies involved in the project must be properly identified.
NOTE: Incomplete summaries and works with results already published will not be accepted.